Monday, August 6, 2007

Life After Web Gets A Fresh Look

Aaahhh… that’s better. Sometimes you need a change. I initially started Life After Web in February of this year to learn about blogs in the best way I know how: by doing. During this short time I realized, people really are finding my blog and, in fact, reading it. What an exciting (or frightening?) experience. It seemed like it was time to take this blog and "kick it up a notch" as Emeril would say.

What do you think of the new look? While I enjoyed the earth tones of my previous template, I was not fond of the colored background behind the body text. I prefer something a little easier on the eyes. I think this new template is crisper, cleaner, and easier to read. Hopefully, you’ll agree.

With summer drawing to a close (though work maintaining a fast pace), I plan on getting back in the swing of things with my post. My goal is three posts per week on topics such as:
• How does the Internet affect society?
• On the flip side, how does society affect the Internet?
• What can you do to make your website more effective?
• What are other people/companies doing on their websites?
• and, a sprinkling of other random musings surrounding other forms of technology.

Thank you for joining me for the first part of this journey. Enjoy the ride as Life After Web continues to grow.

3 comments:

J. said...

It's indeed a big improvement. Very nice. Though I have to admit that I usually read your posts in the standard white and blue of my Google reader.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

S.M. Hutchins said...

J.- Thanks for your feedback. It’s good to know you aggregate your reading material through a feed. You won’t benefit as much from the new look, but the important thing is that you’re reading. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love you're new look!