Tuesday, July 31, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

Deb Owen over at 8 hours & a lunch has tagged me to list 8 random things about me. This is the first time I’ve been tagged for anything, but I’m excited and ready for the challenge, so here we go.

First, the rules:

  1. Post these rules before you give your facts.
  2. List 8 random facts about yourself.
  3. At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names (linking to them)
  4. Leave them a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged!

Eight random things about me:
  1. I love random! I am good at random. My train of thought may jump the tracks sometimes, but there is almost always a method to my madness.

  2. I love language. I like beautifully written prose, descriptions that transport readers, puns, and plays on words. A professor once marked my paper down for using “maybe,” when “perhaps is so much better.” You know what? Sometimes it is better. And sometimes, it really is maybe.

  3. I am not a chef, however I sometimes make great meals by accident. Last week’s accident was chicken stirfry in a spicy peanut sauce.

  4. I was an engineering major for a year-and-a-half in college. I did the calculus, programming, computer science, more calculus, chemistry, all of it. Then, I graduated with a degree in English. No, not because it was next alphabetically. I enjoyed written communications better. All of this brought me to web project management which I’ve been doing for almost 7 years now.

  5. I understand why my dad once said, “I’m 50 years old and I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.” I would like to be a web editor. Admitting it is the first step.

  6. I have a Webkinz, and I try to visit her for at least 5 minutes every day. Sure it may sound silly, but my inner child is delighted.

  7. I like the super heroines and villainesses of DC Comics: Batgirl, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Supergirl. And why not? They’re strong, sassy, and, well… comical.

  8. On her list, deb owen said, “i have, without a doubt, the most awesome friends and family on the entire planet.” So I reply… you know my friends and family? Neat! ;)

Now, I tag:
  1. Dr. Lisa Tomaszewski of Physician’s Money Digest, a site which is teaching me a lot about my personal finances (even though I’m not a doctor
  2. Papa Ceph, whose loved ones might enjoy 8 random facts about Lil’ Karl
  3. J. de Vrede at J., a faithful reader
  4. Farrell Kramer at .kramer- we want to know more about the man behind the communications company
  5. Steve J, a former colleague also really good at random
  6. Pepita at ThinkingSparks, who has interesting thoughts on business
  7. Lynne Demmer at Everything’s Green who has been a little scarce lately, but hopefully she’s not gone for good
  8. Nicolae Rusan of Foresighter, another quiet one lately

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no shame in visiting a Webkinz.